Webpages of interest
The BMFA is the governing body for Nadmas that all members must be members of to cover their insurance needs. As a club we follow the recommended guildlines to provide a safe flyable environment. The club’s will undertake training so newcomers reach a ‘ A ‘ standard test. This test can be viewed below.
- BMFA Home Page
- BMFA Southern Area
- BMFA Member’s Handbook
- BMFA RC Achievement Scheme
- BMFA A FLYING START. Radio control flight training manual
- BMFA Test Standards & Guideline Booklets for A & B Certificates
- BMFA Membership Portal ( Go Membership )
- BMFA YouTube (introduction of the new Article 16 Authorisation)
- BMFA Registration Competency Certificate test
- BMFA Permissions & Exemptions, enable operations beyond the normal bounds of the regulations.
Civil Aviation Authority
- Labelling your drone or model aircraft operator ID.
- CAP 722 Unmanned Aircraft System Operations in UK Airspace – Guidance
- SKYWISE Notification & alerts from the CAA
There are a number of great forum for model flying. You can find great links to models you’re building, planning to buy and especially very helpful for the newcomers.